 Space / 32326
Re: StarScoot
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 05:36:08 GMT

In lugnet.space, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tom McDonald wrote:
   Small. Spamcake drive.
http://www.spamcake.com/space/scs01.htm

Wow, thats an amazing amount of detail packed into such a little craft. Great use of the JSF canopy. I’ve come to the conclusion that the only effective way to use it is at an angle like that. I really like how there is really no studs-up in any direction. It must have been really challenging to change stud directions that much in such a small volume. How sturdy is it? Looks like it might be a bit on the fragile side.

Using newer Lego elements, it’s not all that fragile if you hold it in the right places, one of which is if you pincer the whole model between the twin black 1x1 plates with eyeholes on both sides.

   The other thing that stikes me is how utilitarian the ship looks. Seems like there ought to be dozens running around a moonbase or in orbit performing various tasks.

Moonbase? Did someone say Moonbase? :-)

-Tom McD.