 Space / 31966
Re: Gladius
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 2004 04:15:33 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Theodore Sammis II wrote:

Holy Cheeto Spaceman! I never would have made that connection, I’ve never even heard of that game, but looking at some screenshots and fly.to.gradius I definitely see the resemblance!

Weiiiierd!

I named my ship after the after the Roman Short Sword. It was alomst the Estoc (a european sword stricly for piercing armor). I wanted to name it after a sword since it had evolved from the Tanto (which is more of a knife really) so I went looking for sword descriptions.

The Japanese video game is also named after the roman sword. Engrish, you see.

That sound you may have heard fainly in the distance earlier today was me smacking my forehead... Engrish... jeeze...

   Hmmm... So is Gradius fun to play???

Oh yes. It’s one of the original all time great side scrollers.

If I ever find it I’ll have to give it a try.

   -Grand Admiral
.space Curator

Thanks for the education!

TRS