 Space / 31679
    Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Keith Goldman
   The question remains...can it manipulate itself?...not for pleasure I mean, just for self-maintenance. Soren the OMC is money, if fact you're money baby. Its almost studless, but the remaining studs actually work as a greeble I think. Great (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Soren Roberts
   (...) Dare I answer? (...) Studlessness is overrated, all it really says is that you've got the cash for hundreds of tiles. Studs actually help break up the hard lines where plates overlap, smoothing out the shapes. Try it sometime, it's (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) Using a lot of tiles is, in my view, sort of a cheat. True Studly-lessness is achieved because you're so SNOTed that there's no real top that needs tiling. For example the current (URL) MOC highlight...> (which bears raving about, it's tres (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Soren Roberts
   (...) Yeah, I s'pose you're right. Most of the time, though, that's what people do, slather tiles over a design until you've ruined the shape for the sake of studlessness. Now I will be sleeping, I have class tomorrow. Soren (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Ley Ward
   (...) Um, I think that you've had class for quite some time, not just 'tomorrow' ;-), sorry, couldn't resist... But, seriously, your point (and Larry's) re: tiles is well taken, though I believe there is a way to use tiles judiciously and (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Soren Roberts
   (...) Thanks. I've wanted a spacegoing crane for a long time now, and this the result of all that waiting. I worded my original post badly, but essentially I was trying to say that I don't think studlessness is all it's cracked up to be. Form form (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft —Ley Ward
   (...) I'm with you on that. If I may sum it up: Just build and let the studs fall where they may (or may not.) (...) Ah, but there is no (URL) 'undo'>(1) button, alas. But, if you hadn't, someone else may well have. Peace and un-undo, Professor (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)