 Space / 31667
  New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

Also known as the Kuester, or Space-Crab. Enjoy! (URL) (Click it! Click it!) Soren P.S. I've been up on MOCPages for a while now. Check it out (URL) here> (20 years ago, 5-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.build.mecha, FTX) !

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

The question remains...can it manipulate itself?...not for pleasure I mean, just for self-maintenance. Soren the OMC is money, if fact you're money baby. Its almost studless, but the remaining studs actually work as a greeble I think. Great (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Dare I answer? (...) Studlessness is overrated, all it really says is that you've got the cash for hundreds of tiles. Studs actually help break up the hard lines where plates overlap, smoothing out the shapes. Try it sometime, it's (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Using a lot of tiles is, in my view, sort of a cheat. True Studly-lessness is achieved because you're so SNOTed that there's no real top that needs tiling. For example the current (URL) MOC highlight...> (which bears raving about, it's tres (...) (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Yeah, I s'pose you're right. Most of the time, though, that's what people do, slather tiles over a design until you've ruined the shape for the sake of studlessness. Now I will be sleeping, I have class tomorrow. Soren (20 years ago, 6-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

Hot stuff man... That reminds me of Outlaw star for some reason... don't know why. heh... I can't believe I still come back here. oz (20 years ago, 9-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Thanks. (...) It's the arms, and the rounded cockpit, I think. (...) ? Soren (20 years ago, 10-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Um, I think that you've had class for quite some time, not just 'tomorrow' ;-), sorry, couldn't resist... But, seriously, your point (and Larry's) re: tiles is well taken, though I believe there is a way to use tiles judiciously and (...) (20 years ago, 12-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Thanks. I've wanted a spacegoing crane for a long time now, and this the result of all that waiting. I worded my original post badly, but essentially I was trying to say that I don't think studlessness is all it's cracked up to be. Form form (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) I'm with you on that. If I may sum it up: Just build and let the studs fall where they may (or may not.) (...) Ah, but there is no (URL) 'undo'>(1) button, alas. But, if you hadn't, someone else may well have. Peace and un-undo, Professor (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Darn you Soren! I just came across this now. This means that my use of the big trans-blue half-cylinder piece isn't the first. Darn you, Soren! :) But this is a cool MOC. Looks right- I love that big chunky 'arm' when it sticks out. The use of (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Colin Gutierrez was the first that I recall to use the half cylinder on a spaceship, back in 2000. His MOCs still stand up as some of the all time great Space and Mecha creations. (URL) I wonder whatever happened to him? -Grand Admiral .space (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) Ohhh...hhh. Me likey! :) The shape is unique and I really like the cockpit design. The arm is great and it looks very ajustable. The only thing i don't like is the amount of colors. Yellow, gray, trans-blue, white and black don't mix very well (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Orbital Manipulator Craft

(...) The colors are exactly the same as (URL) this>. The color layout was based on CAT miniloaders. So you see, it had to be that way :). Soren (20 years ago, 19-Mar-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)