 Space / 31622
Re: 18 different Custom Lego Space sets available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 4 Mar 2004 02:57:57 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

In lugnet.space, Lee Meyer wrote:
   I now have my 18th custom space design completed and available, adding to my complement of different custom space lego sets for sale. Prices for the sets range between $14.00 and $90. I have updated the prices recently so take some time to check them out.

snip

Hi Lee,

You have some pretty nice looking space MOCs there. However, I think that this post would be more appropriate in the lugnet.market groups than here in .space. I am somewhat new here myself, but I am under the impression that for-sale, auction announcement, and other buy/sell type posts are generally frowned upon in the theme groups.

I did look at your space MOCs and they are all pretty cool. I do have concerns with this particular custom since it appears to be patterned very closely (and named after) set 1789. I am not a lawyer but you may be infringing upon the lego fair-play policy and/or copyrights by using Unitron and Starhawk II names in a for-profit fashion.

The only other thing is that you prices did seem a bit high. Your price-per-piece ratio seemed to range between $35-$.50. I am not into trying to sell custom sets so I have no idea if that is reasonable or not. I guess it depends on the quailty of the overall model, quality of the set as a whole (packaging, instructions, et) and, ultimately, what people will pay for.

Anyways, good luck in your sales endeavours.

drc

follow-ups set to: lugnet.market.brickshops lugnet.market.theory