 Space / 31496
    Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry) —Douglas R. Clark
   (...) I personally don’t get offended by winged spacecraft since I am generally predisposed to finding aerodynamic looking shapes aesthetically pleasing. However, wings in space can serve legitimate functional purposes. I generally rationalize (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry) —Jean-Pascal Rignault
     Ok Douglas you got me with this. Let there be plenty of wings in .space! It's true we need more beer inside a ship (space gets boring when you're just travelling, no pirates encounters, etc...). Let's put the engines out, let's load the barels! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry) —Matt Bohlmann
   (...) I agree. In the end, it's all about looking good. (Like Hernando says: "It's more important to look good than to feel good, darling.") Note, though, that in most of the cases you mentioned, we aren't talking literally about wings so much as (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

        Space-craft design; was Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry) —Douglas R. Clark
   (...) If I remember correctly, I read something about the episode I design philosophy that stated something along the lines that technological evolution in the starwars universe has been at a plateau for several hundred/thousand years?? In that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)