 Space / 31491
  Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

What a great idea for a contest! Just the kind of inspiration I needed on a rainy Seattle Saturday, after stalling out on some larger building projects. The results: (URL) The Peether T-8> (URL) T-8>> To reconcile the ship's design with the "wings (...) (20 years ago, 24-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.build.contests, lugnet.announce.moc, FTX)

  Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

Hi Matt, I saw your entry on BrickShelf a few days ago. I really like the use of trans-orange beams to connect the "weapons pods" to the main body. The general look is very close to the original P38 IMHO. I am still looking for any inspiration for (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

(...) I personally don’t get offended by winged spacecraft since I am generally predisposed to finding aerodynamic looking shapes aesthetically pleasing. However, wings in space can serve legitimate functional purposes. I generally rationalize (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

Ok Douglas you got me with this. Let there be plenty of wings in .space! It's true we need more beer inside a ship (space gets boring when you're just travelling, no pirates encounters, etc...). Let's put the engines out, let's load the barels! (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

(...) I agree. In the end, it's all about looking good. (Like Hernando says: "It's more important to look good than to feel good, darling.") Note, though, that in most of the cases you mentioned, we aren't talking literally about wings so much as (...) (20 years ago, 25-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Space-craft design; was Re: Peether T-8 (Lightning contest entry)

(...) If I remember correctly, I read something about the episode I design philosophy that stated something along the lines that technological evolution in the starwars universe has been at a plateau for several hundred/thousand years?? In that (...) (20 years ago, 27-Feb-04, to lugnet.space, FTX)