 Space / 31456
Re: Space Bubble Car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Feb 2004 01:37:35 GMT

In lugnet.space, Leonard Hoffman wrote:

   There’s some more pics of it, post moderation, here.

This is a fun little ditty - I can see a bunch of these around the moonbase.

Any chance you’d post either instructions or an exploded view? my main question is whether the driver’s seat is simply placed within the bubble or is it attached somehow?

The driver’s seat is placed within the bubble... it’s a 2x4 plate with 2x1 plates with horizontal handles at both ends. It’s a fairly snug fit, though you can move the driver through the roll axis with bit of shaking (so he can ‘lean’ into the corners!).

IIRC Zac Soden had a space fighter which used back to back bubble canopies as a cockpit at Bricksmeet/LUGOZ 2002, and used a similar ‘floating’ seat.

Cheers

Richie Dulin