 Space / 31426
Re: Mirage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:44:42 GMT

In lugnet.space, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
Cool ship.  Looks beefy and rugged; like it was designed to take a beating and
still come home.  Kinda feels very A-10 warthog-ish if you know what I mean.

Thanks. That "rugged" look was exactly what I was after. Hmmm, maybe I was
subconsciously inspired by the A-10?

I also really like the way you build the engines on your ships.

Is this ship supposed to be related in some way to the nasal avenger since the
two ships are vaugely similar in shape and color?

Yes, I started off making this ship as a sort of offshoot of the Nasal Avenger
and Captain Ahnee stuff. I was going to call it the "Snubnose Special" but I
decided to leave it out of that line. Still, in form it is essentially a blend
of my Piranha Fighter:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DanJassim/Piranha/graypiranha-4.jpg

...and the Nasal Avenger:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/DanJassim/NasalAvenger2/na2-a.jpg