 Space / 31424
Re: Mirage
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 22 Feb 2004 06:17:15 GMT

   In lugnet.space, Mark Mueller wrote: Wow Dan.

This is a very versatile design. Looking at this picture, I said to myself “Wow! That would even look cool upside down or maybe even vertical.”

Thanks!

   Question: Did you intend to use the missile pods as a landing gear or was that just a convenient twist of fate?

Yes, I wanted the pods/pylons to double as landing struts. Actually, what I didn’t plan on was the retractable landing gear in the middle. Originally, I was going to have fixed skids underneath the main body, same as the skids on the pods. However, it just didn’t look right so I built up the underside and went with the big retractable skid. That made the model tilt up in front, which I thought made it look more intersting and realistic (like many old and modern fighter planes that sit at that angle).

--Dan