 Space / 31183
Re: Crimson Skies - NightHawk v.2
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military
Date:
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:22:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Theodore Sammis II wrote:
   Reintroducing the NightHawk

After Mod

Thanks to some helpful criticism from the Grand Admiral, I sat down and revised the NightHawk.
Originally I felt it was maybe “too futuristic” for Crimson Skies, and while the changes didn’t blunt the sharp eges of the ship much, if Gil Shaws sweet little Arctic Guardian fits into CS, I think the NightHawk does too.

Whatever the case, I like the plane better than I did before, AND it’s even more swooshable!

The main changes:
•Different guns
•Removed the rear “rudders”
•Added the extended and moveable “wingtips”
•Toned down the missiles
•Moved the headlights slightly
•Redesigned the drop tanks
•Altered the landing gear

PLMKWYT,
TRS

A definite working out of the design to a smoother product that fits into the Crimson Skies category, if perhaps on the futuristic like the Guardian.

The only other thing I could think of is to give the underside a little more substance. Not in detialing as your weapons do a great job of that, but perhaps some inverted slopes to create a belly of sorts...just looks a little flat.

I quite like the colour scheme too!

Great rebuild!

Cheers, -G