 Space / 3072
3071  |  3073
Subject:
Hyperspace Dart
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:39:41 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

I recently completed construction on the "Hyperspace Dart."  It is a slightly
modified civilian freighter (more powerful engines than the stock version).
The shape of the ship was inspired by the Bespin Bandit, a ship which appeared
in one of the Star Wars Dark Horse comics, and of course, the Millennium
Falcon.  The ship contains two Insectoid light and sound units.  A knob on the
back, through a series of gears, turns the "engines" on.  The roof of the
cargo area is removable so I can get in (minifigs use the ramp) and is held in
place by magnets -- can't have the ship flying about when pulling negative
Gs.  The landing ramp is manually operated.  Images can be found at:

The costruction schedule was moved up so that the ship was completed in time
for "Mark's Space Contest" http://www.nwlink.com/~sandlin/lego/contest/

All comments welcomed.
Bob Hayes