 Space / 30501
Re: 3 ideas I had
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.castle
Date:
Wed, 21 Jan 2004 00:33:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Laswell wrote:

Three might be tricky to pull off.  There are only three pieces that I can think
of that allow you to attach things at exactly 120 degree intervals

Here's another way to get 120 degree angles with hinge bricks:
I got the idea from Jon Palmer:

Of course, four axes spinning around would be pretty easy--I'd use the 4x4 round
brick in brown as a hub:
http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/6222
do technic half-pins fit into those holes?  If so then you could stick the axe
handles into these.

I don't know how much use they got outside of the Pirates line, but I wouldn't
be surprised if there were a couple of Castle sets that used them as well.

Use a 2x2 radar dish instead of a plate and it's in the Harry Potter line:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=4707_1&v=z
Adventurers:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/?q=7416_1&v=z
Spider-man:
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1374
etc.
That palm tree piece also makes a good torch if you stick a flame into it.

The third idea is a good use for the 1x1 with studs on sides.
but for a very different
purpose on a nearly-completed Moonbase module

It sounds like it would be a good part of some sort of spaceship power drive
(maybe dilithium crystals).

Bruce