 Space / 30330
Re: Orion Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:50:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Aaron Sneary wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Tyler Walles wrote:

   Try using less color and more color ‘blocking.’ Other than that, these are very
good.

-JHK

What do you mean by “color blocking”

thanx

I think he means keep sections of color together, as opposed to having hints of color all over.

Which is of course a stylistic choice and not a rule you really have to follow. For example, I’ve built what may well be the Ultimate Anti Color Blocking ship, the Blood Moon:

In this case it works because it’s sort of a weird camoflage effect. I tend to build almost exclusively non-color-blocking, but that’s my style and that’s my taste. It’s hard to pull it off and not have it look “jumbled”. I think in your case, there’s not enough of the highlight colors, not that they’re not in the right place.

The extreme would be to go from something like the Blood Moon to one of Mladen’s mecha.

Whatever works for you and your building style is how you should build :)

Adrian

http://www.brickfrenzy.com