 Space / 30329
Re: Orion Update
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 14 Jan 2004 17:37:03 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tyler Walles wrote:

   Try using less color and more color ‘blocking.’ Other than that, these are very
good.

-JHK

What do you mean by “color blocking”

thanx

I think he means keep sections of color together, as opposed to having hints of color all over.

My suggestion is avoid color schemes that are highly recognizable as a specific LEGO set. You’ve built something very cool using a lot of the Jedi Starfighter parts, but it starts to look like a Jedi Starfighter alternate model.

Here are some suggestions for really great color usage on space ships:
http://www.fbtb.net/jon/kwing.html
And be sure to read Paul Hartzog’s article on color:
http://lego.kepplah.com/~arcadia/index.php?page=AboutColors

Hope these help with grouping color.

Aaron Sneary