 Space / 29795
Re: ThirdEye electronic surveilance ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:48:47 GMT

In lugnet.announce.moc, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
   Hello again. I have another MOC to share. This mysterious ship is Phineass McBride’s electronic spy ship know as the ThirdEye. Phineass is known throughout the galaxy as an expert info-pirate who deals information to the highest bidder. Restored from a drifting PCS scoutship hulk found in the Rigel asteroid belt, it cannot be found in any spacecraft registry.

Phineass has outfitted his ship with hacking and comm gear that can detect, intercept and decode just about any comm signal known to minifigs. With all the electronic gear installed there is little room for anything else. The ship is un-armed and Phineass relies on the its powerful electronic jamming suite and upgraded sublight drives to stay out of trouble until he gets to the nearest jump-gate. Phineass has installed a limited capcity FTL drive that is good for only 2 pre-plotted jumps before it has to be overhauled for really dire emergencies.

It is rumored that Phineass is an ex-LCSA intelligence agency employee who still does work for the government. All government officals vigorously deny this rumor.

Brickshelf folder thirdEye

builders notes:

This moc started off as an exercise in how to use the JSF canopy in a SNOT manner and evolved into an a ship that is essentially entirely SNOT. Infact, I think I might have succeeded in having studs pointing in just about every direction. I’m especially pleased with how the cockpit turned out.

I also wanted this craft to have a zero-g, utilitarian look to it. It wasn’t until I had finished the sensor array greebles under the cockpit that I decided what this ship’s function really was.

hope you all enjoy, drc

This ship looks great. I love snot work that goes every which way but still looks good. Nice Job.

-Steve McDonough