 Space / 29654
Re: Classic style space layout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 23:44:00 GMT

In lugnet.space, Douglas R. Clark wrote:
   I like the layout. All your vehicles have that distinct early classic-space “feel”. I especially like this small ship and the phased-array like sensors.

The only nit that I have, is that the elevatated roadway and platforms are hard to distinguish from the “ground” since everything is built from lt. gray. It would be cool (though a departure from pure classic space) to build the elevated roadways in dark grey. At the very least, some sort of guard rail would help visually define it from the ground. It would also look ultra cool if the roadway was tiled in so that it has a smooth appearence to match the landing plates.

Overall, it is an impressive layout that really captures the feel of the classic space scenes that appeared on the old catalogs and instruction booklets.

thanks for sharing, drc

Thanx Douglas, The small ship is based on something Todd Lehman did a few years ago. The sensors you refer to were actually meant to be energy collectors - like solar cells - I actually have built a phased array sensor module something like US Navy Aegis cruisers for the layout. I wish I had THAT many tiles:) Dark gray border on the roadway might just be the trick.