 Space / 29492
Re: Mars Attacks! Martian Heavy Gunship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 2003 13:33:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Patrick Bunn wrote:
In lugnet.announce.moc, Chris Phillips wrote:

This MOC is an experiment in using up some of the UFO Trans Green and the Light
Grey Angled Plate that has been taxing my sorting system.  The design was mildly
influenced by both the Romulan spaceship and the Apache attack helicopter.  As
with all of my MOCs, it was designed as it was built, one brick at a time.  As
usual, I just snapped bricks together and let the final design emerge on its
own.

I'm new to .space modeling, so my greebling is still at the novice stage.
Please let me know what you think!

Looks great!  I love the seat belts for the wingmen. The landing gear are
awesome and the wing engines are excellent.

Pat Bunn

Thanks!  You know those Martian 'figs don't clip into the seats, so I had to
belt them in.  Otherwise, they'd go flying around the interior of the ship
during the Whoosh Test, which was performed frequently during construction.  The
Drop Test was also performed a couple of times, but not intentionally.

I felt that the landing gear design was kinda cliche, myself, but I am proud of
the wingtip engines.  I had a bunch of those 2x2 hemisphere pieces courtesy of
Ogel and was very happy to find a way to use them.

I've got plans to build a couple more ships in the Martian fleet.  Then I might
build a couple of ships to defend Earth, or to help the Martians attack Jupiter,
depending on how events unfold on the Red Planet.  Stay tuned...

But right now, I'm living on the White Planet, so I've gotta go shovel out from
under about 2 feet of snow.  (Snowblower kaput!)

- Chris.