 Space / 2914
  new rendering type?

im not sure if anyone use has seen this , but... (URL) look like they were not rendered using pov or l3p. Ben, how did you do those??? if this was supoosed to be a secret, sorry. btw, the first one looks cool. (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type?

Randy Williams wrote in message ... (...) do (...) It looks to me like it was done in LDLite, then shaded by hand in an image editng program, like Photoshop. -Tim (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type?

(...) I was going to comment on those myself! It looks a bit like POV-Ray, especially based on the comments on the images, which look like typical POV-Ray parameter values. But unlike L3P, the edge-lines are present in the images. I wonder how they (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: new rendering type?

(...) It looks like a wireframe a la l3p superimposed over POVRay output. If so, very well done; I can't think of how he got the scale exactly right. I really want to hear how you did it, Ben. :-, Almost more than that, though, I wanna see the (...) (24 years ago, 25-Jul-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: new rendering type?

On Tue, 25 Jul 2000 6:33:15 -0600, Randy Williams wrote (in message <Fy96vF.CFE@lugnet.com>): (...) Well, I'll tell you this. I was done in a spin off of POV call MegaPOV. It's not hard to find as the functionality is built into MegaPOV, but I'd (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type?

Ben, Good show, it really does look awesome! Take your time with the info, just as long as you do tell us the how-to's and some point in the future. Pat J www.plscp.com (...) (24 years ago, 26-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type? someone else is doing it too

Looks like Ben is not the only game in town. (URL) J www.plscp.com (...) (24 years ago, 27-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type? someone else is doing it too

(...) (snip) Ooooo! Nice! I'll have to find out if he's doing it the same way. Ben Ben Vaughan buster@marsbase.com (URL) (24 years ago, 28-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type? someone else is doing it too

(...) filter and combination of filters in Photoshop and PSP to get that look. I came close but the colors were reversed. I saw what Mr. Vaughan was doing, and I immediately downloaded MegaPOV and looked through all the documentation and examples to (...) (24 years ago, 30-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type? someone else is doing it too

Looks better than my previous attempts to get this style ( for example, (URL) was MegaPOV 8 years ago when I needed it! :) -gyug (...) and (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: new rendering type? someone else is doing it too

One flaw with this technique can be seen in the image: (URL) the sides of bricks which are seen almost edge-on (so that the distance to the object from pixel to pixel is large even for the same surface). In particular, the front of the white brick (...) (24 years ago, 31-Jul-00, to lugnet.space)