 Space / 28867
Re: TMC Concept Drop and Retrieval Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.build.military, lugnet.build.mecha
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 2003 15:21:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, David Rabadan wrote:
Hello everyone.  I have been working on dropship ideas for a while.
I decided to "try out" some Dropship concepts and came up with
Drop And Retrieval Ship DR01A.  It is not fully finished but I wanted
some constructive criticism from my fellow builders.
Here is a deep link that shows size scale between a marine
wearing unpowered armor, 3 wearing the latest Power Armor
PA004B and the DR01A:

I hope you like.

Here is the Brick Shelf link:

Regards,
David Rabadan.

Parts of this look excellent David, particularily the cockpit design with the
canopy set into the brick 'tub'....the curved elements give in a wonderful
shape.

The swinging boom construction of the vtol jets are a great idea, but I think
they might make the desing a little too sparse at the pivot.  A fixed extention
might make the transition from pylon to body a little more smooth and take away
any droop.  Or, a reinforcing of the pivot joint might do the same....just a
thought.

The colour scheme is great...very clean and smooth.

Looking forward to the full reveal!

Cheers,
-Gil