 Space / 28509
Re: a perfect day for something new
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 22:10:19 GMT

In lugnet.space, Patrick Bunn wrote:
The planets alligned giving me the time and space to photograph some creations
that have been sitting around.  So without further ado...

First up as an attempt at PCS.  It's a deep space explorer launched from orbit
and uses stars to slingshot around the universe.  It supports a crew of three in
a cramped little cabin that sleeps two.

the U.S.S. Calypso
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/calypso2.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/cal4.jpg>

Second, I have been building in Ice Planet for big future plans here's a little
frontline assult mech, inspired by Robotech Battlepods. I built a similar one of
these last year and wanted to make a new version when I realize I couldn't
entirely duplicate what I had built.

I call it the Ice Goblin II
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/icegobli4.jpg>
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/igpilot.jpg>

Last years model Ice Goblin
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/2002Projects/mvc-004s.jpg>

Third, the Triax was shown at Brickfest and was my first build using triangles.
The core of the ship is a prism shaped cone with a little triangle in front and
a larger one in back.  A fighter ship by design, it has missles on it's wings,
big engines, and recon equipment under the cockpit.

The Triax
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/triax2.jpg>

check out the landing gear:
<http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/nnubtap/octoberpix03/landinggear.jpg>

Patrick,

I too think all three creations are great! The deep-space vessel is AWESOME! I
too really like the circular form you've designed...pulled it off very well.
Those rings are spiffy! As for PCS, I think it would fall under PPCS (Post-Pre
Classic Space), as it seems to be more advanced (ie Futuron like). I actually
have a ship on the back burner of the same order...that is unless the Admiral
has his labs churn it out first (being away at school doesn't help either ;-).

The Ice Planet mech is a very cool lil bugger. I like the form and overall
design. Multiples of these guys would be a sight to see.

Now, I don't know if I missed the Triax or something but what a superb design!
Maybe I was too fascinated by the rest of your creations. You have seen Adrian's
figher of similar structure, right? I like the details, especially the use of
the "cart" part. ;-D

Alright, keep the cool stuff flowing. Thanks for showing.

-Andrew