 Space / 28168
Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:28:08 GMT

Steven Weiser wrote:
I do plan on integrating monorail directly into several modules. I will use the
10 brick height as a starting reference point. I can then use the ramps to
either raise it or lower it by 10 depending on what it is going through or
around.

Yup.

The 21 height works to clear train and run over top of modules. However, I am
running monorail directly through some of my modules. I will go over others and
under others. I will be going over hills and mountains, and through hills and
mountains. My home building table is 9'x 6'. Plenty of space for many different
types of modules and terrain.
I also plan on at least 2 independent monorail lines.

To be compatible with the standard, you want to put track at a multiple
of 10 bricks. The track can be at any multiple of 10, and when setting
up the base, we will do the best we can to connect to your track
(obviously if you go for something like +50 you might not have a
connection unless Cary Clark shows up with his monorail spiral....).

If you don't care about the standard, go with whatever works for you.

Frank