 Space / 28165
Re: Anakin's Jedi Starfighter
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars
Date:
Thu, 18 Sep 2003 13:09:20 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jonathan Mizner wrote:
   In lugnet.space, Aaron Sneary wrote:
   In the June ToyFare magazine, there was a small picture labeled Anakin’s Jedi Starfighter from an upcoming animated series:

I knew I had to build one. I started with the original Jedi Starfighter frame, but quickly abandoned the original to tackle the stripes: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asneary/Space/Ships/AnakinsStarFighter/asthumb.jpg

Here are the other pictures:
Moderated folder:
Pre-Moderation Deep Links:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asneary/Space/Ships/AnakinsStarFighter/anakinsstarfighter.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asneary/Space/Ships/AnakinsStarFighter/ascomparison.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asneary/Space/Ships/AnakinsStarFighter/asfront.jpg
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/asneary/Space/Ships/AnakinsStarFighter/asside.jpg

Aaron Sneary

I love it. I’m not so sure about the original ship...too long, IMO, and the colors don’t work for me, but you’ve made an excellent model. That angled nose is seriously driving me mad. The urge to wave it around in the air making engine noises is making it difficult to type. The colors on yours, the weapons, the droid, the cockpit...all of it makes an excellent model, absolutely excellent. Dunno why no one else is replying to your post, because that’s a truly sweet model Aaron, and it deserves recognition. I’m getting really curious about where that fighter is going to start appearing soon...you might have made the very first episode 3 moc :)

Jonathon, Thanks man. Yea, no one seems to like the original but me. Oh well! It’s all mine!

The nose was quite simple really, just hinged the same way the original JSF wings were hinged. And it is fairly swoosable, as long as you don’t bump the wing guns. I’m disappointed in the droid, he should be red with silver and white printing, but that’s TLC’s fault from the original. Getting those stripes to run in toward the cockpit gave me no end of misery.

As for the origin, the ToyFare Magazine mentioned an animated series coming out this fall, but all of the Episode III toys I’ve seen at TRU (Republic Command Gunship and Republic Starfighter) are this same color scheme. Not as flashy, but same colors. So it well may be an Ep III MOC. And I’ll be sure to remind everyone if it is... ;)

Aaron S