 Space / 28107
  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

"Steven Weiser" <WsrSteven@aol.com> wrote in message news:HLBAs8.1L6J@lugnet.com... (...) monorail (...) corridors or (...) At last year's NWBC we just used the normal monorail stanchions, which are 10 high. We had some track at the bottom and then (...) (21 years ago, 16-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) Basically. Actually, the track was sort of free form. I just laid it out where it fit. We also had a slight difficulty in getting through Jon's module, his track position was off by one stud... Fortunately, clearances still allowed us to run (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) I do plan on integrating monorail directly into several modules. I will use the 10 brick height as a starting reference point. I can then use the ramps to either raise it or lower it by 10 depending on what it is going through or around. (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) On some of our train layouts, I use 21 bricks and one plate as the elevation standard--it really came out of a large module that one of our club members built. However, with the new standard height of an airlock being 10 bricks high and (...) (21 years ago, 17-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) The 21 height works to clear train and run over top of modules. However, I am running monorail directly through some of my modules. I will go over others and under others. I will be going over hills and mountains, and through hills and (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

<snip> (...) Hm (Thinking about something like a monorail station)...21 bricks and 1 plate minus a "down" ramp which is 10 high and you have = 11 bricks and 1 plate. Deduct the one plate for a moonbase floor, and you have 1 brick difference (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) Yup. (...) To be compatible with the standard, you want to put track at a multiple of 10 bricks. The track can be at any multiple of 10, and when setting up the base, we will do the best we can to connect to your track (obviously if you go for (...) (21 years ago, 18-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) The track was free-form in that the actual path wasn't planned ahead of time. But we definitely used David Wegmuller's standard as a starting point. If you are going to integrate track into modules, the track lines need to map to those (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) Our club has been invited to the Motor City ComicCon in October. I had 3 modules (old standard) almost completed, when I had a catastrophe last weekend. 2 stacks of storage drawers fell over on to my building table and destroyed everything. I (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) NNNNOOO...OOO!!!! -- Tony Hafner www.hafhead.com (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Moonbase Monorail: What is the track elevation?

(...) Mostly true. I laid a ground level line that actually didn't meet the standard. Of course it also couldn't be run during the big crush because it ran just a bit close to the edge. (...) I'll be bringing my stash of black 2x2x5 lattice columns, (...) (21 years ago, 19-Sep-03, to lugnet.space)