 Space / 28070
Re: Moonbase: Ditch the "4 studs away from edge" rule?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 01:08:22 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Maddison wrote:
In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
I was just talking to Sandlin about this while I was working on the Road &
Rail section on the Moonbase page.  Should we ditch the "don't build within
4 studs of a baseplate edge" rule?

Basically the best spot for train track is 4 studs from the baseplate's
edge.  This is mainly because a 45 degree turn lines up perfectly (4 studs
from the edge) on each end on a 48x48 baseplate.

It also seems logical to have the roads in the exact same spot (just on the
other side of the baseplate) as the train track.

I actually just totally forgot what I was getting out.  Smooth.  I'm sure it
made sense somewhere back there.  Anyway what do you think?

This I don't know about.  Don't know why, as long as you played on your own
baseplate and didn't have anything sticking past it would work.

Well if you build a module with track on it at 4 studs from the edge you can't
put any vertical supports on the other side of the track. Maybe adjust the
standard such that it is strongly recomended to stay 4 studs away, but if you
are really pressed to do so (such as with train track) you can go up to 2 studs
away from the edge. That is as close as you could make it and still have the
connector ring of a corridor.

-Mike Petrucelli