 Space / 28068
Re: Moonbase: Ditch the "4 studs away from edge" rule?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 16 Sep 2003 00:55:36 GMT

In lugnet.space, Jon Palmer wrote:
I was just talking to Sandlin about this while I was working on the Road &
Rail section on the Moonbase page.  Should we ditch the "don't build within
4 studs of a baseplate edge" rule?

Basically the best spot for train track is 4 studs from the baseplate's
edge.  This is mainly because a 45 degree turn lines up perfectly (4 studs
from the edge) on each end on a 48x48 baseplate.

It also seems logical to have the roads in the exact same spot (just on the
other side of the baseplate) as the train track.

I actually just totally forgot what I was getting out.  Smooth.  I'm sure it
made sense somewhere back there.  Anyway what do you think?

This I don't know about.  Don't know why, as long as you played on your own
baseplate and didn't have anything sticking past it would work.  But I don't
know that the result of brick at the edge of the plate would look all that nice
when coupled to other modules.  But then again, I've only seen what I've seen in
pictures, so who knows.

-Chris