 Space / 27645
Re: SPLASH
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 31 Aug 2003 04:55:21 GMT

In lugnet.space, Mark Sandlin wrote:
   For uncovering clandestine Eastern Block activities.

SPLASH: Surveillance Probe Longrange Advanced Superfighter Hypersonic

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

“Adopt a fleebnork. They’re DYING!” -Sally Struthers

P.S. Thanks to Chris Giddens for suggesting I use the dark blue, and for help with the acronym.

Mark, this is another fine MOC from you. I like the sleek shape, that is augmented greatly by the use of those curved slopes. The engines look, IMO, perfect for such a craft too. The colour scheme is also good.

However, I’m just a little surprised to see a future military (you do envision this as a military craft, right?) still using manned surveillance aircraft!

What about the much more economical (in terms of fuel, and actual construction material) and politically safe (U2 shot over Russia, remember that?) satellites and unmanned, autonomous drones?

:-)

Still, a piloted Advanced Superfighter is way cooler than some lame drone, in my book.

Mladen Pejic