 Space / 27431
Re: Small for a freighter, big for a ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 24 Aug 2003 16:21:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, Tobias Möller wrote:
   It’s been a while since I touched my LEGO bricks, but this summer, when I had no homework to worry about, I built my first serious MOC for a year, or perhaps more. It turned out to be my largest spaceship yet (60 studs in length). Read all about it, and see the pictures, at:

http://m1.876.telia.com/~u87609425/freighter/index.html

Hey, cool. I like the different storage pods, as if each company has its own system.

I also like how the landing gears are beefy... you’re carrying heavy loads of varying weights, so they have to be strong enough for the heaviest loads. The Technic bits work well in this application.

Very nice. I had a conversation at Brickfest with Travis about how there aren’t a lot of civilian or non-violent MOCs. I suppose the excitement level is potentially lower on a non-violent MOC, but I can always appreciate a good freighter. :)

-Grand Admiral and Keeper of Fleebnorks

“Adopt a fleebnork. They’re DYING!” -Sally Struthers