 Space / 27148
    Re: (not quite) Looking at Mars —David Laswell
   (...) High-magnification telescopes will have one or two miniscopes mounted to the side to use for pre-aiming, but your telescope probably isn't powerful enough to warrant one of those. There should be two adjustment knobs to control rotation and (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: (not quite) Looking at Mars —Tony Alexander
   (...) Purple Dave, Thank you for your description!! This will actually help; I knew about those knobs, but I think I had them too tight, and had to keep bumping the 'scope harder than I should have. (...) Again, thanks! This echoes Dan's comments (...) (21 years ago, 16-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)

        Re: (not quite) Looking at Mars —David Laswell
   (...) Fully tightened is great for still-shoot photography, as once you've got it aimed correctly you don't have to worry about it moving. Fully loosened isn't good for much beyond rough-aiming, but I suppose it would work for photographing (...) (21 years ago, 17-Aug-03, to lugnet.space)