 Space / 27132
Re: my three MOCs, the redtail, the sentinel and EVA unit 00
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2003 22:29:30 GMT

In lugnet.space, John Riley wrote:

SPOT-ON!  You've captured the look perfectly.  This reminds me:  I have some
Cowboy Bebop MINIs to post.  And the movie to watch next week (supposed to
arrive Monday).  Is anybody going to do a minifig scale Hammerhead?  I know I've
seen a few Swordfish II racers, and another Redtail or two, but never the
Hammerhead.  Poor Jet.  Eating Bell Peppers & Beef.

Thank you for the favorable reveiw, My next moc is going to be a minifig scale
Hammerhead. unfortunatly what most people dont realize is that a minifig scale
Hammerhead is huge. I think i calculated it to be liek 70 studs long. For
example, this awesome rendition by jason ellis is only half size:
Poor Jet, the bell pepers and Beef never has beef. The movie is awesome, but in
case you didn't know; The local Best Buy sells it for 20 dollars. At least out
here in kansas(which means unless you live in Wyoming, it shoud be the same for
you.)

If you've seen the Second Renaissance from the Animatrix, this reminds me of one
of the other machines that is zooming over the battlefield, sort of a scout.  It
doesn't remind me of the Sentinels, but it's definitely influenced by the
Matrix, and I agree, definitely neat.  I'm not sure of the color, though.  I
feel it needs to be darker.  Maybe inverse its current color scheme, or change
to black & dark grey.

I've never seen the animatrix, but on my next matrix creation i will make good
use of your suggestions...

I'm not familiar with Evangelion, but this looks interesting.  How'd you do the
thumbs?  It looks like two lever control bases, but how'd you keep them
together?

The thumbs are stolen from Mladen Pejic. easy to make:
step one: get three levers
step two: take them all apart
step three: slip the first base over one of the rods rightside up and then take
it down to where the sphere at the top of the lever is
step four: inver a base and do the same thing on the same lever rod
step five: put a base on right side up
It fits perfectly.
Hope that explains it, if not take a look at Mladen's Wolf mecha. You should
anyways its awesome.

Evangelion is a cool series, if you appreciate thinking as much as you apreciate
anime I would recomend you watch an episode or two.

Great work, Brad.
thanks, I appreciate the post.