 Space / 26602
Re: How the heck do you use SNOT???
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 07:40:10 GMT

"Jon Palmer" <jon@zemi.net> wrote in message news:HIn980.1BGB@lugnet.com...

Hey Dean. If you really want to learn SNOT I would start out small. You'll
notice that some of the best builders (Like Paul and Gil) still do a lot • of
small stuff.  I think one of the rationales (and I agree with this) is • that even
at a very small scale there are an infinite amount of building • possibilities
available.

Start out with some little microfig ships, or origami mecha or bots or
something. Then tackle a larger ship a little later.

My advice.

Good luck!

I think building small is actually more of a challenge.  Assuming you have
the parts, I always kind of thought large models were just a matter of time
in getting them to look good.  Small models, on the other hand, require
clever use of elements that may be bigger than you'd like them to be.  It's
hard to get a good level of detail when the smallest part is still the
equivalent of about 6 inches.

But then I'm biased since my part supply forces me to remain rather small
scale.  ;)

-- Tom