 Space / 26195
Re: New MOC: The Omega
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:08:29 GMT

In lugnet.space, Didier Deses wrote:
In lugnet.space, James Wilson wrote:

I like the asymmetric shape of {Omega} and {Omicron}.  Keep it up!

If I may make a suggestion, it looks like you're taking your pics with a
low-res digital camera.  You can improve the quality of digital photos with
this type of camera by using an averaging program, like this one
<http://www.angelfire.com/movies/still2life/software_imgavgr1.html>

What it does is take several identical pictures and average the values of
each pixel, lessening the effects of pixel "noise."

Here is a page illustrating the effect:
http://www.geocities.com/wilson_j_s/averaging.htm

HTH,¬
James Wilson¬
Dallas, TX ¬
Lugnet Member # 1783

I didn't know that trick, i will certainly try it ...
i am using an old, borrowed camera on a much older PC ...
i cant even see my own pics in a satisfying way on my own pc :-(

i think i just need more money :-)

thanks alot,

Didier

Nah, you just need more practice!  Most webcams take pretty good pictures if you
get enough light on the subject - you can try that, too.  And make sure the
camera is rock-steady (crucial for sharp pictures with any kind of camera).

James