 Space / 26092
Re: New MOC: The Omicron
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 11 Jul 2003 06:10:34 GMT

In lugnet.space, Travis Matheson wrote:

Now if I recall physics, wouldn’t the over all force of the engines need to be applied to the center of gravity or any ship? I mean this doesn’t dictate a symmetrical shape but it does make me think a little more about design...

Well, it could be some sort of gravitic propulsion which applies a force which is located outside the engine, or it could simply be that the engine constitutes the majority of the mass and itself has a non-symetrical internal distribution that balances the ship, or the main engine is a temporal drive and does not apply physical thrust... or this craft is built to turn right ;-)

There are so many straightforward explanations to explain such pseudo-scientific quibbles that I generaly don’t bother wondering about it and just enjoy the design instead. That being said, if I aim for a particular mix of sci-fi technology (which I usually do), I try to make some effort to stick to it... I don’t think that’s contradictory.

Cheers,