 Space / 2603
Re: Entry in the space contest
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 21 Jun 2000 17:25:59 GMT

I didn't mean to come off as an anti-LDRAW snob or anything like that.  I think
it's an unbelievably cool tool.  I used to make little designs at work until I
relaized this was taking up way too much time nad had to delete it for
productivity's sake.

My only point was that in this contest, it seem unfair to compare LDraw models
to real ones unless the model is fairly simple.  Take for example the pink el
dorado entry, which looks realy cool.  It would just be very hard to find all
of those pink pieces in real life, and thus the entry is a bit biased compared
to a real model.  for instance, I would have made my entry much bigger and
coller had I not run out of surface area plates and bricks. It doesn't really
matter, anyway, the fun of entering this contest for me was building the thing.
:)

Anyways, cool entry! :)

Thanks.  I may have to destroy it soon to free up the parts.  I need more
LEGOS! :)

-Tim

http://www.zacktron.com
http://www.ldraw.org