 Space / 2594
  Entry in the space contest

Hi all, I just entered into Mark's space contest with a "Gravball" ship call the Astrodome. It is a mobile sports arena with a consession stand, restrooms, an observation deck, a cockpit, and or course the large gravball arena. Any BrickWars players (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) What? That takes all the *fun* out of it? Or is it the other way around? :) -Tim (URL) timcourtne ICQ: 23951114 (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) I will ... if you will ... LOL. -Tom McD. (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

Don't get me wrong. LDraw and LEOCAD and other such tools are great. They let you conceptualize a model and show it off if you are really bad at photography, as well as other uses. But it is a completely different experience and talent to actually (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) True, but you're also limited in real life by the pieces YOU have. There are advantages and disadvantages to both LDraw and real-building.... when it all boils down, it's just a matter of personal preferences. :-) -Shiri XFUT lugnet.cad (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space, lugnet.cad)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) let (...) photography, (...) Actualy, I mostly use my cad program because I don't have a digital camra, so I can't post pictures to my website that way. Also, I build my models in it, and then build them in real life. I have the Thunder Hornet (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

Heh. I like the guys "floating" on the 1x1 cylinders. Nice police too. ~Mark (...) restrooms, an (...) and (...) make a (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) Actually, I was just kidding, hence the :) after the comment... :) I understand the challenge of building physically and with limited parts too. Its something that's challenging for me at least, but perhaps that's a good thing...something I (...) (24 years ago, 20-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

I didn't mean to come off as an anti-LDRAW snob or anything like that. I think it's an unbelievably cool tool. I used to make little designs at work until I relaized this was taking up way too much time nad had to delete it for productivity's sake. (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) Hardy har har. Not so aerodynamic, is it? LOL. (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) Bah.. it looks like it was fun to build anyhow. And the minifigs are quite a funny hodgepodge of fans typical to an event like that. -Tom McD. (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Entry in the space contest

(...) Thanks. (...) The model was actually built, just in white instead of pink. It still looks nice in white, but when I raytraced it, I figured I might as well give myself some more freedom with the colors (which is also why the Sunjammer has a (...) (24 years ago, 21-Jun-00, to lugnet.space)