 Space / 25389
25388  |  25390
Subject:
Down, but not out
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 01:52:22 GMT

It's been a long time since I submitted anything to Brickshelf.  I've jumped in
a couple of times to comment here on Lugnet, but that's about it.

I've built a couple of MOCs this past year that I haven't bothered taking
pictures of.  In fact, I've got a couple of sets that I haven't even parted out
yet and a couple of Bricklink orders that haven't been put away.

I'm frustrated.

Once in a while I'll take a look at my Brickshelf folder with utter disgust at
the quality of the images in there.

I've decided that If I can't give clear images of my creations, then what's the
point?  I can do decent photography, not award-winning, I'm sure, but the
quality of the current digi-cam at my disposal is abyssmal.

The last few uploads I made to Brickshelf last year were of some of the best
MOCs I've done to date.  But you can't tell.  The images simply don't do my work
justice.  So I stopped using the digi-cam.

I'm going to go all-out.

I'm going to stop spending money on Lego and my other hobbies until I have a
quality digi-cam.  That's all there is to it.  It could take two months, it
could take another two years (if current luck holds out...).

It's gonna be like a dark-age.

But something has to give.

I don't want to build simply for my own amusement.  I want other people to see
what i'm capable of and I want people to be able to critisize me beyond the
quality of the pics.  I mean, one of the mocs in my folder, people can't tell
what end is the front!!

So, there it is.

No new MOCs until I can take clear photos.

What really got me this evening, is that I just sent out a money order for yet,
another Bricklink order.

What's the point if no one can see what I'm going to build with the peices I've
just ordered?