 Space / 24912
  New Threads on Lugnet

I'm posting this in ascii so everyone can see it well. In many of the newsgroups posting is so rapid that it is very difficult going back through all the posts looking for the start of various threads. It would be nice if there was a way for the (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.general)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) I think this is a great idea, and would certainly enhance usability. Ideally, this'd be done automatically. Todd would be the one to impliment such a script. Let's think up additional possibilities. For instance, it'd be cool if there were a (...) (21 years ago, 13-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.suggestions)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) Feeling the weight of the posting onslaught in .space too eh? (...) Or just show the thread title, and indicate which have new posts. (...) <raies hand> Allister (21 years ago, 14-Jun-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) In the meantime, Paul, perhaps you could temporarily give up your penchant for changing the subject line in mid-thread. Many people do it occasionally for legitimate topic changes, but you do it on virtually every post, when there doesn't seem (...) (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) Also, viewing as "compact" makes it much easier, as the initial post is always bold. But I agree, it would be nice to have an additional option to only display the first post of each tree, without replies. FUT:lugnet.admin.suggestions ROSCO (21 years ago, 16-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.suggestions, FTX)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) I only do that occasionally, and I don't see how it would help with this issue. But you raise an interesting point. If we post a new post with a new subject line, and just reference the earlier post in it using a link (so its not actually a (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, FTX)

  Re: New Threads on Lugnet

(...) Here's another suggestion: How 'bout a way for a poster to tag a post as having a picture or link to picture or MOC? So one could easily browse the announcements of new MOCs before wading through the commentary about them. James Wilson Dallas, (...) (21 years ago, 17-Jun-03, to lugnet.space, lugnet.admin.general)