 Space / 24890
Re: Bussard Capital Ship
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 13:43:24 GMT

In lugnet.space, John R. Beck wrote:
Hello All,

I've named my capital ship the "Bussard" in honor of the theory he developed
that I unwittingly used in my ship's propulsion system.  Thanks everyone for
your info on that theorist.

Here's the latest engine room pix:

You can make out the boom box he's got to mask the engine noise and the cards to
play when things get slow.  To the left is one of two generators that power the
ship's systems. It's derived from the Bussard energy collectors shown earlier

Here's the other side.  Note the tools on the walls and empty space for
playability.  The blue computer console by the door acts as door control, temp
control for the room, and intercom.  Every door has one on each side.

Here's the top view.  Incidently you can begin to see where the crew keeps their
air tanks (but more on that later :-).

Of particular thrill for me was this shot of the bridge wherein the engine
control guy sits.  Note the view he has of the surface (4-6? inches :-).  Fun!
He's got a row of three computers.  On the left is the ship's power systems.  On
the right is the engine systems.  The middle one is a general purpose monitor.

On to the doc's office!!!

Here's the wide shot.  Every doc has to have a stethascope :-)

Here's the view of the patient's bed.  Note the thing hanging over the patient
is one of those all purpose zapper healing ray things like in Star Trek.  Aim,
zap, healed :-)

This is the computer microscope.  The thing below the number "10:21" is where he
puts things to look at.

Please let me know what you think!

John "No nickname" Beck

John,

Wow, it's looking really good, you've made some great details. I wasn't sure how
well the sliding doors would work, but they fit very well. I like the Dr.s
office, what set did the stethoscope come in.

I hope you tie it all together with a few good exterior shots!

Thanks,

George