 Space / 24188
Re: Kemuel?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2003 20:10:17 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw wrote:
A big slam dunk from the New Temps, Sylvi.  Just wondering, were there any
inspirations for the design?  It looks to take some of the best elements of Paul
Hartzopg's Triumvirae, and Paul Hanson's Overkill.  The incorporation of the
canopies are very nice...especially the Slave 1 for the main cockpit.

With hardware like this floating around, I would hate to really tick off the
Grand Inquisitor.... ;)

Cheers,
-G

Thanx Gil! I am glad you liked it. I noticed the Triumvirae before, in an old
post and checked it out. Maybe it influenced me subconsciously, but the
triangular symmetry of Paul's craft is something I can never reach. I hadn't
seen the other Paul's vessel until you mentioned it. That ship really rocks! I
can imagine replacing the cockpit and the blue bricks with the Slave I canopy
and yellow bricks to make a strong NTO striker... I wanted to build a rocketship
and started out with one, but just became too boring and brick-consuming. I then
gave the 'rocket' wings and a shuttle seemed logical because I couldn't make an
ordinary hatch for (dis)embarking.

Love, Sylvi