 Space / 231
    Queston about the classic space minifigs —Tobias Möller
   I own two and their heads stick pretty bad with the torso, and when I try to replace them, the new heads fall off if you turn the minifig upside-down. Why? Is it supposed to be this way? The helmets have two places like in the new helmets, where, I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Queston about the classic space minifigs —David Eaton
     (...) Well... I don't think it's "supposed" to be that way, but that's how a lot of them seem to get with age... a whole lot of mine do that, but not all of them... Some are also just poorly manufactured... The first two king's crowns that I (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

         Re: Queston about the classic space minifigs —Dave Lovelace
      (...) but (...) Good call. I was mistaken...pre-87 helmets had visor capability. (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Queston about the classic space minifigs —Dave Lovelace
   (...) Hey Tobias...sounds like the parts are over-played with and are loose. They're supposed to possess the requisite "snug fit" we're all accustomed to with Lego bricks. I must have about 1,000 or more spacemen, and none possess a predilection for (...) (25 years ago, 20-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

        Re: Queston about the classic space minifigs —Frank Filz
   (...) One thing I have had some luck with in restoring flags whose clips are so loose as to make the flag useless is to run the item under hot water and then squeeze lightly. With the heads, you won't have much chance of breaking the part. (25 years ago, 21-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)

        (canceled) —Jamie Obrien

        Re: Queston about the classic space minifigs —Tobias Möller
   Okay, now I know that they are worn out. Should I pay full price for them? (I can buy more of them) The gold paint is also gone on most of the torsos. --Tobias (25 years ago, 23-Oct-99, to lugnet.space)