 Space / 2235
Re: Blacktron Minifig Design
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sat, 20 May 2000 13:19:46 GMT

In lugnet.space, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
Wilson Raska wrote:
Any feedback is welcome.  I just wanted to know if anyone else semi-
customized their Blacktron figures.

I don't know, I've never been able to really improve on the original.  I
thought about changing the waist for a white or yellow piece, but I like the
flight suit so much that it always seems silly to me.  I've never been able
to get into the "B" Blacktron-2 torsos, though...for some reason they've
never wooed me.

I've gotten some interesting designs by swapping pieces bewteen SP1 and
Blacktron figures.  Consider a figure with Blacktron torso, hands (I don't
normally remove arms), airpack, head, and visor, and Space Police helmet,
legs, and waist.

Now, weapons or other accoutrements...:)

Have you ever accidentally broken off the hand to a Castle shield (e.g.
stepped on it)?  The handles make nice mini-lasers.  For a more impressive
weapon, I take a "nozzle" part like on Town fire extinguishers, and attach the
endpiece from an old-style hose.  Another thing that works well is the "video
camera" piece--by adding parts, you can turn it into virtually infinite types
of weapons.  (Turn it in different directions.  Remember, there's two studs on
the side and one at the back...)

-Andy &&