 Space / 21936
Re: Pre-classic Space
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 21:14:28 GMT

In lugnet.space, Chris Giddens writes:
In lugnet.space, Scott DeWolf writes:
I have been trying to sift through various post to determine the answers to
a couple of questions:

A) Who first came up with the concept of Pre Classic Space?

Hi, I guess I did.  It was just wanting to tie Space Port (bleah)/LOM (ehh
ok) era ships to what we know and love as Classic Space.  I guess the whole
"pre" idea came from fan's much maligned Star Wars prequels and TV's much
ignored, Enterprise.  :-)

2) Is there some sort of standardized definition/description of Pre Classic
space.  Like - what is the time period? Is there a particular color scheme?
What would a early ship look like?  What would a ship edging towards Classic
look like?

Check out the HobLab http://news.lugnet.com/announce/moc/?n=776
('s got links to last years stuff too)
Here is come goop I wrote about guildlines.
http://news.lugnet.com/space/?n=21117

Thanks. I did check these out and am already bubbling with ideas.  Hopefully
I can squirrel away some time to let them come to fruition.

And D)Anyway to make a sub-cat of Space being Pre Classic or just Classic?

huh?

Apparently this confused a few.  What I meant was, on LUGNET, create a
subtheme or category under .space for Pre classic discussions or just plain
Classic space discussions.

I was alive and well and (have searched fibblesnork and lugnet) apparently
had all of 81 and 82's offerrings for classic space.  Wue hue. :-) + Alpha 1
Rocket Base and Galaxy Explorer (and mysteriously the instuctions to the
Galaxy Cruiser but never owned the set)
Commander Scoots
HMS "The Fantastic IV"

Commodore 64th PCS Fleet Giddens <><

any significance to the <>< ??

*static* Houston, we have space. <beep>  *static*

Commander Scoots
HMS "The Fantastic IV"