 Space / 21915
Re: Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 03:43:52 GMT

I didn't analyse it that far actually. The white just didn't look right.
Grey is out as I don't have any. The LOM tyres? If you mean this
http://img.lugnet.com/ld/7/30324.gif then nah - too big. I wonder how
caterpillar treads would look though. hmmm. That said, I'm pretty happy with
the wheels.

Ya, no worries about the wheels.  oo, treads.  *stores that away*

a few PCS pointers...
Lessen the number of colored lights.  I always put a hint of trans dark
blue.. and maybe a small smattering of red and green landing lights.
http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=316860 for example.

Hmmm. Yes I see what you mean. Actually, there aren't that many lights on
it. There's a few yellow lights pointing forward (necessary IMO) and a
couple of red tail lights. The trans blue and greed cones on the roof radars
may be a bit non-PCS, but certainly not unprecedented in the CS genre. I'll
see if I have any more white 2x2 dishes to get that jetsons effect you've
got going.

Ya, gots ta have lights to drive on the dark side of the moon (and to find
Adrian's night club too ;-) )

Now with a ground vehicle I understand the need for high powered headlights.
Maybe the colored red and green on the side is too much.

That's actually a hand held scanner stowed on the side of the vehicle. It's
basically a more cmbersome version of the normal minifig metal detector seen
in the CS vehicle I based it on. All will become clear.

OO, I like pre versions of equipment.  PLEASE gets us some more pics!

The trans light
blue stick (I guess it is, hard to tell)and view screen stand out as out of
balance.
Basically, less lights more whites ;-).

I don't have those parts in either white nor trans-dark blue. I personally
like the trans-light blue.

The trim under the canopy might be better in white though. Thanks for the tip.

it's cool. I've considered using trans light blue for this.  Dunno why I
haven't.  Sure whould allow me to use some of those white diver porthole
elements.

Good use of the smll canopies, (get your big Pitsco ones yet?  mine are
backordered)  Good use of the angled hinge thingies for the shaping.

I think you're thinking of Soren. I got mine through Bricklink a couple of
weeks ago.

Dang it... I should NEVER post at work... I half pay attention.   :-D Sorry
about that (I know who's who... just had a brain fart)

Cheers,
Allister

Keep em spacey(pre)!

Chris <><