 Space / 21887
Re: Scout
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 05:16:48 GMT

In lugnet.space, Andrew Saada writes:
Allister,

Ooohh...From those pics alone I'd say you nailed PCS for this baby!  The
overall design of the Scout works well!  Good continuation of the glass
curvature via those 2 rows of /---\ hatches.  From what I can make out, the
engines look great.

Thanks.

The only suggestion I have is to replace the black
wheels with white or grey ones (according to Peeron though, only 2 grey are
in http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1195 and the Lugnet guide Notes:
Available free with Quaker Oats promo.).

I did try it with white wheels, but somehow it just didn't look quite right.
I used set 1580 as the descendant of this one, and that has black wheels so
I figured 'what the hey!'

I think that size wheel fits the
model well but black has not been a main source of color in PCS.

Then again, there haven't been any Pre CS ground vehicles yet either (unless
you count Gil's lander). What say you Commodore Giddens?

Okay, keep up the great work!  Does this mean I have to scrap my idea for
pre-"Lunar Scout"???

Why? The more the merrier.

And do you mean this fellow has a big brother??

Yeah. Think 6927...

Allister