 Space / 21490
21489  |  21491
Subject:
IDOL is coming...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.fun.holiday, lugnet.general, lugnet.space
Date:
Thu, 20 Feb 2003 02:30:11 GMT

Greetings, Earth-mortals!
     I've been working recently (and hopefully for the long term - I want
this to be THE ONE) at a job with excellent benefits, among those two paid
"floating holidays" where we can choose any day to make our own holiday.
     We've been working on a huge project since I started, and are getting
close to wrapping it up.  This and the fact that there aren't enough
"get-out-of-work" holidays during this time of year lead me to the following:

     (cue the Lion singing "King of the Forest")

     I hereby declare March 18th, the day after St. Patrick's Day, to be
herefore in this year of 2003 and forevermore the International Day Of Lego
(IDOL).

     ("...with a hhrrrrrmph, and a hhhhhrrrrmmph, and a r-rr-r-royal
gr-r-rowelll...")

     I plan to take this day off (which handily allows for a raucous St.
Paddy's celebration), after distributing smallish Lego sets to my coworker
team.  Please feel free to celebrate in a likewise manner, or to add to the
solemnity of the occasion in your own way (please share this if you
do...maybe I'll add it to my own celebration).

     May your MOC's be SNOT-ty.

Peace and Long Life,
Tony Alexander