 Space / 21489
Re: 2003 part selection
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 23:44:51 GMT

In lugnet.space, Gil Shaw writes:
Space.

Just taking a browse thru some of the shots from the Toy Fair as posted on
FBTB.  I find myself becoming more of a part monkey these days and do there
ever seem to be a lot of interesting things up this summer.

Without question the SW line definately comprises the majority of my
purchases in the last few years, but for '03 the part selection appears to
flourish in the Discovery (lunar landing) sets, Designer (awesome 'bots) and
some of the models...the speedboat and jet.

The variety of slopes, curves, macaroni, curved panels, joints etc. in these
is just awesome, not to mention the price points are considerable lower than
the licensed stuff.

Whenever I see an awesome MOC with colour accents, I see these hard to find
parts in a wide variety of shades and colours become a spacer's goldmine IMHO.

Anyway, just my 2 sand blue, inverted curved panel bricks.

You forgot to mention the best element of the bunch, the 1x2 plate with
click hinge on the end, in what seems like every color of the rainbow (I
remember black, grey, orange, green, red...)  Finally, if you want to use
click hinges, you don't have to take up an entire brick's height.  Woo!

Adrian
--
http://www.brickfrenzy.com