 Space / 20730
Re: MOC: The Hummingbird
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 15:18:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Stephen F. Roberts writes:
On 13:39 01/28/2003 +0000, George Haberberger wrote

The Hummingbird

Are you tired of aircraft compromises? Do you have multiple
locations where you can't afford a landing strip for fixed wing
aircraft, yet are tired of paying expenses for rotary craft? Are your
locations too far apart for rotary craft, yet fixed wing craft just aren't
convenient? The end of compromise is here!

Cute little design, nicely executed. Is it orbit capable? :-)

I love the page.  The "Paid Endorsement"! funneee touch.  A good story page
makes a good design that much better :-)

Thanks for the feedback.

The Hummingbird isn't designed to be orbital capable, as the propulsion
depends on using the atmosphere for a working fluid, but I suppose one could
jury rig an internal propulsive gas source and maybe make it to low planet
orbit. It would be a desperate, last ditch effort, but it just might work.

George