 Space / 20667
Re: Brickshelf Gallery up and running
Newsgroups:
lugnet.space
Date:
Sun, 26 Jan 2003 13:45:55 GMT

In lugnet.space, Peter Reid writes:
Greetings,
I'm de-lurking in this newsgroup, as I finally have something to show.
Here's my gallery:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?m=Legoloverman

It's full of spacey goodness and those who like minifig scale robots would
do well to check it out. The modified alien heads are possibly rather
controversial, but kind of my thing. If you'd like help making them, please
email me.
Any feedback on the gallery would be appreciated.
Lego is Life,
Pete

Hi Pete,

Your colonial military is really cool! The colour scheme works really well,
your robot designs have a great futuristic-yet-slightly-retro feel to them,
your assortment of troop styles is good and your background wall designs
show a lot of imagination and are a refreshing thing to see.
I like the detritus you've strewn over the baseplates to give the sets
cohesion, although re-doing some of the darker photos would be a good idea.
This photo seems to have come out really well:
Actually this photo does raise other questions:
In the smaller robot joints, Are you using plasticine to hold the small
lever sticks inside the 1x1 rounds? I can't figure out what'd be inside
there to hold them in.
And am I correct in assuming that you've cut out the inside of a Technic
bush to connect the blue and gray "chainsaw holders" that the left trooper
is holding? I tend to dislike modifying the bricks, personally.

Some good stuff there. I look forward to seeing more well-lit pics!

Cheers,
Paul