 Space / 20595
  Re: Some great Space info and dicussion

<snip> (...) the problem with this line of thinking is that it assumes future travel will be based acceleration and deceleration in normal space. simply traveling at light speed has a whole bunch of problems associated with it, which is why most (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some great Space info and dicussion

(...) Waaaaaitasecond. A lot of us who are politically to the left are in fact extremely supportive of interplanetary travel--because we consider ourselves "progressives," and what could be more pro- gressive than pushing the frontiers of humanity (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)

  Re: Some great Space info and dicussion

(...) Yes, I would think liberals would support things like SETI and future space missions, since truly conservatives would argue that there is nothing out there to waste so much money on (especially when such money could go to military spending). (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jan-03, to lugnet.space)