 Space / 2052
Re: Mark's Lego Creations Update!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.starwars, lugnet.space
Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 21:07:03 GMT

In lugnet.starwars, Jim Foulds writes:
Hi Mark,

  I must say that I really appreciate your attention to detail.  The
Mithrandir is an excellent model.  I think it is cool the way that you posed
all the mini-figs going through the motions of their duties.  One question • -
What set offers the helmet in the scene "OAV delivers main drive • machinery"?
It definitely adds a nice touch to the classic space mini-figs!

Yeah, I wouldn't mind having a couple more of those myself. Those came
from the 1787 Unitron Crater Crawler.

Regarding uniforms, I'm not sure if anyone caught it yet, but I did try to
separate occupation by color. The Captain wears blue, followed by the
rest of the command staff wearing red. Weapons officers wear black, and
Engineers wear yellow. I also liked giving the commanding officers dark
gray pants when possible, but I only had a couple, so the Weapons
commander ended up with black. Also note the Ice Planet visors on the
Engineering staff... I wanted them to have a more "blast helmet" feel
since they work in the same room with a reactor core. I would have
preferred every figure to have Futuron torsos, but alas, I only owned one
box of Futuron minifigs. I'll have to stock up.

I haven't worked up the nerve yet to work on anything as big as the • Mithrandir
so I can appreciate the HF-130 a little bit more.  I like the way that you
incorporated the landing struts and entrance ramp into your model. This • is
something that I am currently trying to do with my models.  I think that by
doing this it adds a touch of reality to the model which gives it a sense • of
realness!  The way you combined the SW engine piece and the wind • piece is very
creative, I might have to borrow that idea for one of my projects!

All in all, great job not only on these models but all the models on your
site!!

Musn't.... get.... big.... head.... argh.

;^)

Thanks for the compliments.

~Mark

Keep Building
-Jim F.
(who is hoping to have initial phase of his website operational tonight!)